Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An addict is born...

I thought I'd try my hand at a little blogging. Not because I think there is any sort of shortage of people spouting their thoughts and opinions as though everyone in the world had an undivided interest in reading their personal diary, but more to see/understand the appeal.

So I decided to blog about what has moved past being a source of news and into an obsession - NPR! Call me a nerd, call me what you want, but since I started work at KCLU my sophomore year in college I have been totally and utterly addicted to NPR.

I gave it up for a brief time when I joined the Peace Corps, at which point I diverted my attentions to any news I could receive in English (I will be forever thankful to a shortwave radio and BBC!), but now that I'm back in America I've hooked myself back into This American Life, like a post surgical patient to an IV, allowing the life to drip back into my veins.

I'll leave this as my intro and get started with the actual beef of this blog-to-be tomorrow. For now I send this into the abyss.

No comments:

Post a Comment